Friday, February 11, 2005

Indoor Marathon

Please visit Skol Gallery and say hi
to Jean-Jules Soucy, the artist responsible for the Saguenay "Baie Des Ha-Has" pyramid and many other extravaganzas, while he is working out his indoor marathon, travelling on a still bicycle all the kilometers needed to cross Canada from his native "Baie Des Ha-Has", a place where he complains none of the big art stars ever visit, to the edge of BC, and then perhaps even across the world.

He would explain it to you better than me.

He's a very sweet guy, don't be shy to talk to him.


Once the necessary kilometers are done, he's moving to a next stop.

I know he'll be in Toronto soon but I don't know exactly where.
Please ask and provide the info here.


In the meantime, you got until tomorrow to visit
the joyful exhibit by James Prior at the same place, a fantastic play
on photo-documentation, and male stereotypes, that I firmly
advise you to see (I'll try to come back on it).


There's also the Frederic Lavoie exhibit at B-312 which is not
bad at all (also ending tomorrow). Stay a while before judging.
Valérie Blass got also a nifty video piece, stealing from the focus
of her own show.


I've seen a few exhibits recently (Oboro, Circa, Dazibao, Vox, Bina Ellen,
that Egyptian show, etc..). I got about 3 articles that I need polish before
posting, but I'm always so busy.


Let's just say for now that I think the most important Montreal
exhibit these days is the minimalist show, ending in about a week at Leonard
And Bina Ellen.

Between Egypt and Kentridge, please try a visit. It's really short,
but the best you'll have until someone over here thinks of providing
a decent retrospective.





Cheers,

Cedric Caspesyan
centiment@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home